Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Letters to Simi: Episode 3 by @Kbaronn

Two weeks came rather slowly,more sluggishly than the movement of other days.I hoped,expected and could barely await the verification exercise. I read and read often,most of the things,I have read before,but I needed to be well prepared.I could not allow such an opportunity slip away from my grasp because I wasn't well prepared. "Mama na" frequently sat by me while I read,watching with a keen sense of interest,like she understood what I was reading. She barely was educated,the few words she is conversant with she learnt via her dedication and interest in learning. I wasn't allowed to do anywork,all my chores where suspended,all mother told me she required of me was to study and study,which I did very intensely.Two weeks elapsed at last,and I was glad. I couldn't stipulate how happy I was,so nobody could comprehend.The principal had told me the last week his schedule for the trip to the capital city,for he had earlier volunteered to take me there. We were going to ride on his bicycle to the train station,from where we would board the train for the capital city. I hurriedly dressed up in my uniform,a white shirt and brown trouser. I often found it difficult to defend the kind of trouser I wore whenever I was asked about it due to it length. It wasn't fully down to my ankle,but was far below my knee.I had earlier in the day woken up to mend my trouser in preparation for the big moment. After getting fully prepared,I took off to the principal's house being accompanied by mama na's prayers,loads of which she had mounted on me before leaving the house. When I got the principal's abode, he was already waiting for me, dressed as usual in his short nicker,a short sleeve shirt and a tie so long it length extends almost in between his legs. We got on his bicycle and commenced our journey as planned.

Three hours later,we got to the state capital,and indeed it was a state capital. Beautified beyond the description of words,splendid, a haven beyond comprehension. I was nonplause and stunned,could barely talk but stare I could. We boarded a taxi to the venue of the verification exercise,I was glued to the principal for fear of wandering away, for also I was naïve as well as ignorant. He dished out instructions,rules and principles to me,at first he had my attention untaintedly,but then in few minutes it shifted,moved right upon the next being I beheld.As she dropped out of a very exotic car, one so neatly cared for that I could vividly see myself from the reflection illuminated on it's body,I knew deep inside me that the sight I beheld was nothing short of setting eyes on an angel. As she walked through the gate,right pass me into the venue of the verification,subtle,soft and in elegance almost like a gazelle making it's way around paradise,I was astonished. The principal had left me to myself,now I was alone in the hall meant for the exercise alongside other students. For a moment the whole reason why I was there at that point had vanished in my mind,all I could think of was the epitome of perfection I saw in the twinkle of an eye.She wasn't the only girl ,but she was the only one I noticed. All the students were directed to sit on certain platforms upon which our names were inscribed,and as I walked to mine,my legs moved absent of my consciousness.My whole being conveyed in my thoughts had swerved into my eyes,as they scanned the whole area in hope that I might be blessed with that angelic sight once more,all to no avail. Just when I was getting used to my sit,trying to analyze it's confortability and adjust adequately,I felt a warm tap on my back,which I responded to swiftly,and just as I turned, I regretted the speed of my response for it spoke volumes about my thoughts,wish and expectations,which fortunately were about whom the tap came from...

Next episode comes up next week

No comments:

Post a Comment