Sunday, June 2, 2013

Review of #COCA2013 Nomination List: A Must Read

Murmur all you want, I'm still gonna do this. Yes, I'm not totally okay with the CODE S95 Code of Conducts' Awards 2013 nomination list. I will remain silent on the steep gate fee, the annoying voting procedure and all that shii. Probably to keep out the 'rifraffs', so its all good.
Let's go straight to the categories which are about 21. (Why so few?)
Before I start my long talk, lemme just tell you the categories I no too get wahala with or wey my talk no long.

They are


3. Hottie of the Year (even though I don't see how Laila 200 International Studies can be said to be hot),
4. Chic Magnet (How the f*** did Speaker get here, na him money dey do am abi na jazz?),
5. Bonnie and Clyde,
6, 7, 8, 9. All the Trendy Categories,
11. Most Beautiful,
13. Novice to Notice (Male),
14. Novice to Notice (Female) (although I strongly protest Nazifa 100 Political Science nomination as she's in my department and I've never heard of her existence),
15. Most Enterprising Student (The president of SIFE (now Enactus) should be listed here),

16. Best Clique (Male),
17. Best Clique (Female),
18. Best Chill-Out Spot,
19. Most Influential (Chiefo of Engine 3.13 isn't here? Henry Oqua of Abusites isn't here also? That's just beef...)
20. Hottest Diploma Student (Male) & 21. Hottest Diploma Student (Female) (I couldn't care less about these categories, shows the lack of creativity of the organisers)

These are the ones with long critiques.

The first category is Mz Cordiality. I wouldn't be smug enough to say I know them all, but the candidate I do know, Bernadette 300 Economics does not deserve to be there. My dictionary defines Cordiality as 'Warm and sincere; friendly', which Mz Bernadette isn't. The first time I met her in 100L, she was so rude to some boys, I stood there mouth agape. Don't know the rest, so I can't say anything about them.
I'll combine the second (Perfect Gentleman) and twelfth (Most Handsome) categories together. Abeg people, na only Engineering boys be gentlemen or handsome pass??? I suspect say all the girls wey help them pick get Engine boys as boyfriends.

The tenth category, Best Event Concept has Loom Republic's Adrenaline Fashion Show listed there. Is that a joke? (Read this:Adrenaline Fashion Show Review). Goes to show that mediocrity will always be celebrated in ABU, Zaria.

I think that's all for now. Hope I remembered it all. All in all, the organisers tried but lacked creativity. Categories like Performers of the year, Party of the year, Club of the year, Critics of the year, etc. Oh well, we can't have it all.

Also, this nomination list goes to show that to be nominated, you have to mingle in their circles or know someone or date someone in their circles, which shouldn't be so, as COCA transcends club affiliation/hangouts or party attendance.

Side note to abusites, please if you like don't dress well o, make my day... I'll be there to capture those who were on point and those who missed it completely; the Hotties and the Flops. Till Friday... See you there.

With anticipation,Your Social Critic.


















3 comments:

  1. Hnmm...Nyz One. KEep it up...#speakTruth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Wow!! This is so true..i cn hug u ryt now..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. very much satisfied with your review

    ReplyDelete