Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Mark Davies Signs New Bolton Deal

Bolton's highly-rated mid fielder Mark Davies has signed a contract extension to keep him at the Reebok Stadium until 2017.

Manager Dougie Freedman said he wants to build his side around the 25-year-old, who has made 130 appearances for the club since being bought from Wolves in 2009.

Davies was a target for Swansea last summer after impressing despite Wanderers' relegation from the Premier League but now he has committed his future to the in-form Championship club

"I wanted to get it done," Freedman told BBC Radio Manchester. "I came into the club [in October] and they were talking to him. It was dragging on a little bit and I wanted to put an end to it.

"I want him to be at the club and I think the fans do. I want to build the team around him, so I just tied up the loose ends."

Bolton have taken 11 points from their last five games to revive hopes of a play-off finish but Tuesday's 1-0 win over Peterborough was marred when Davies was taken off with a knee injury.

Wanderers are awaiting the results of scans while Davies was replaced by Stuart Holden, who made his first league appearance since 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment